Thursday, June 10, 2010

Of slip'n'slides and 10 hour car rides...



Tomorrow (or today I guess...it's late but I can't sleep) will be my last full day this summer in Auburn. I'll be back in the fall, and it's not like I won't ever spend another summer here, but it is just so hard to leave. Summers in Auburn are pretty high on my list of favorite things... just barely below music, the beach, and snow. The above picture is from a recent and incredible day here. This is probably unrealistic glorification, but it seems only in Auburn can you have a slip'n'slide and cookout and not be 5 years old.

As hard as it is to leave even for such a short amount of time, I am ready to go. While this period of great community and lots of rest has given me some much needed rejuvenation, I am ready to be working towards something worth while. I'm ready to employ what I've learned in school into practice in a patient care setting again. I'm ready to partake in bringing the kingdom of God here now through loving others with the love He's saturated me with. I am still completely humbled that we, that I, get to play such an integral part in the story of God reconciling all of creation back to Himself. He allows/calls us "to be a kingdom and priests to serve [our] God and Father" - to represent Christ to the world. I'd be irrational if I wasn't prepared for the next 6 weeks to be difficult, but the joy that fills me helps erase the uncertainties and tiny fears. He has gone before and made a way and it is in Him that all things hold together.

On Saturday I'll make the 10 hour trek through the Midwest. I start work on Monday. Get excited Ohio, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment